Monday, May 4, 2009

Proverbs Challenge

A friend told me about his Proverbs reading the other day and I thought it was a great idea. He reads a chapter of Proverbs each day based on the day of the month. Since there are 31 chapters it works out really well. I LOVE Proverbs. It's chock full of insight and wisdom. I've heard people say it's really good advice for young people and people new in their faith. I must be young and new in my faith because it speaks to me EVERY TIME I read it :) So I'm challenging myself to read Proverbs everyday for the whole summer (starting May 1 because it already feels like summer!). Wanna join me?

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I'll join you! But (and I'm not too good at math here), it would only be for the month of may since there are 31 chapters right? Or you re-read it over for the whole summer?

Lisa said...

Erin, I'm totally in. I've been really in sort of a quiet time "Slump" lately. Just more of a, what should I read... and then get stuck from there, and it even keeps me from reading at all. Which then just is like a domino effect when there's no quiet time, I'm not the me I'm made to be. You know? So I'll join you in the proverbs challenge. Thanks! And that picture of Amelia and Kolby sleeping on day 2 of Africa is just precious!