Last summer Amelia just wasn't making as much progress in swimming as we had hoped. I found this swim vest at Target and thought I'd give it a try. Major difference for her. She could use her arms (unlike floaties) and really gained a lot of confidence in the pool. I'm excited to put Emery in it next summer. Between her great lessons and this little tool she'll be a fish in no time! Of course this is NO SUBSTITUTE for supervision or working with them without flotation, but those of us with multiple kiddos to watch can use a little help!
PS- While I was looking for a link to this vest I found this. I think it's the dumbest baby "tool" I've ever seen (sorry if you own one and like it- will you still be my friend?)
2 comments:
$6.95 for that dumb thing? My mom bought me a "banana slicer" at the $1 store that looks similar. It was a gag gift/stocking stuffer, though. Believe it or not, it hasn't made it to the trash because there have been a few times where I've been in such a hurry that it actually HAS been helpful! But I've been tempted to throw it out a dozen times...it's awkward in my drawer.
The things people come up with!
I went to Target but they did have any left. Guess I will try another store or just order it. Thanks for the helpful tip!!!
Post a Comment